I finally got around to wigging two of my Joes.
Monday, October 24, 2016
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Thursday, September 17, 2015
- (Millennial) Action Man/Natalie
- (Millennial) Max Steel
- Mike Power, the Atomic Man
- Bullet Man
- Capt. Action and associates (any era)
- Mr. Action
Sunday, June 1, 2014
- A file
- A nylon bushing (Mine had a .312" outer diameter)
[Hint: bring the head with you to the hardware store for best fit.]
- Silicone adhesive sealant
- Plastic Repair Epoxy [I used that from Ace Hardware]
A Classic Collection GI Joe body with a broken neck knob.
Who is Captain Action ?
A fan fiction proposal
He is hard to define, in universe. I see his alternative heroic identities as roles he has played/plays,* perhaps as stuntman [Miles Drake?] in his secret identity. His real hero identity would be his default costume, using:
- his stunt skills (a la The Fall Guy & Gymkata), including driving & piloting skills, human fly skills,** funambulism, etc. (for starters),
- special effects techniques (a la the movie F/X),
- make-up/master-of-disguise skills (beyond superheroes, a la Batman & Lone Ranger),
- other theatrical techniques & devices (Batman's tackle comes to mind).
*In costume, he could even make promotional appearances and at comicons [as Drake], even using his (non-powered) props as weapons, like Thor's hammer or Capt. America's shield...
**His human fly skills would be great for Spiderman promotionals (and possibly how he got the gig in the first place)...